Can a "for-profit" school apply for Safe Routes to School grants?

The federal Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program is administered within each state by that state's Dept. of Transportation. Consequently, each state is responsible for setting up and administering their program so long as it falls within the parameters set for by the SRTS federal guidelines. As such, you should contact the SRTS Coordinator within your state's DOT for information on applying. To obtain the contact information and website for your SRTS Coordinator please visit our Find State Contacts page and once there select your state on the interactive map or through the drop down menu.

Explore other program tools: